Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I am for Real NOW!!



May I just say YES!!!!!! As I showed up on Friday to pick up a letter of intent for my apartment complex at the church I pulled up and saw this sign. I don't think I have ever felt so empowered in my life.

Being a Youth Leader is starting to hit me. I did my first Youth meeting and worship service on Sunday night. I preached on 1 Corinthians 12: 12-27. Yes We ARE ALL THE BODY OF CHRIST HERE AT CHAPELWOOD!!! Apparently my message was so good the chair of SPR has been receiving calls since then to tell him to let the SPR know they did a good job. NOT to brag or anything. I also had my first Prayer Breakfast today at 6:45am. Yes that is right I was up and moving around 5:45. However, meeting youth at Chick-fil-a for breakfast on Tuesdays is totally worth it. I get to hear what the youth have to say since they lead the devotion and the prayer. However, if the youth assigned to do the devotion does not show up I have to do the devotion.

I got my new apartment yesterday. I am enjoying my new RED couches, which I slept on last night. I will not be doing that again. It is so nice to have a place of my own again and not be in a hotel. I also got my own office. It is huge!! One of the walls is completely windows. I have a nice desk, couch, and burgundy walls. However, my favorite part has to be my own free laptop. As I have already started to figure out I will be spending most of my time in the office.

Tomorrow I have a home visit for my new dog Remmie. He is a black Pomeranian. They have to do the home visit before I can get him, so I should have a dog by this Sunday. I promise I will post pictures. I also have a Jr. High Bible study tomorrow night at which I will be showing off my mad bowling skills.

No comments: