Monday, January 19, 2009

My Pounding


Sunday was very interesting for me. I had my first pounding. In case you do not know the term pounding it is when everyone brought people a pound of something for their new house. Luckily the pounding has changed a little since it started. I did not get a pound of anything, well other than dish detergent and that was included in one the the baskets. Being a person from the North I found the pounding quite interesting. I do have to admit at first when they told me I was having a pounding I was a little afraid until it was explained to me. In the north we had house warming and people would bring something for the house, or food that could be frozen and reheated so that the new family in town could take some time off from cooking and get things arraigned. I think that the two types of welcoming to a new town are great ideas and should be done more often. The picture above is the loot I made out with from my pounding. There was a lot of food, cleaning stuff, and cooking things. However, I also made out with about $150 in gift cards to various places like target, walmart, kroger, and H.E.B.. Along with all this the youth also made food and punch for the reception at church. It is so nice to be in a place where people take the time to make you feel welcome.

No comments: