Saturday, January 24, 2009

Girls and hard times

So the past two weeks have been filled with some fun and sad times for me. I have been really excited to get to know my youth better. I started taking them out in small groups for things like diner and a movie. My first one was last Friday night. I invited the Christian Education persons daughter and told her to invite friends. She invited the whole Jr. High group. I meant this to be a small group activity so I can get to know then better. Luckily only 4 girls were able to come on short notice. We had a great time eating Chinese and seeing Hotel for Dogs (their choice not mine). However, I would have probably picked the same movie. I feel really good about how everything went and I am looking forward to my next Friday night group outing.


This week however, was not a happy for me. I had to go through my first break up of two youth. They had been together for around a year and well things just were not going well. I felt so bad for the girl. She is sweet and sensitive. As I stood in the bathroom at Wednesday night Bible study with her I remembered what it felt like to be her age and have my first break up. Next came the news that Lynn almost died. Her cancer is getting worse and she got really sick this past week. I know my parents are taking care of her, but I miss my little mutt dog. Things are looking up though. Rocky is very healthy according to all his blood work that came in. Also I got an awesome new chair for my office. Again let me say I love the perks of being a minister (it was free from a member of the church who is remodeling).


Also I have finally started reading my devotional for this year. It is wonderful. The book is called Courageous Spirit and is written by all ordained Methodist Women. I have also been getting ready to do a new book/Bible study with the youth girls. Be a Queen...Not a Princess... the crown in BIGGER. It was written by Methodist women and they have even offered to come out to the church since they live in western Lousianna. I hope we can afford to bring them out and have a girl's weekend.

No comments: