Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Finally in Texas

I left NC on Sunday to drive down to Atlanta for one last stop before TX. My dad had business in Atlanta on Monday, so I just drove him on down to break up my 20 hour drive a little. My mother and I did 14 hours on Monday and finally got into my new home town of Lake Jackson around 7:30 pm. Yesterday we spent the day looking at apartments, furniture, and ended the night with dinner at Dickson and Sally's house (two church members). I put my deposit down on an apartment called Raintree that is gated.

Today we look at more furniture. I got a really nice couch and love seat on CLEARANCE!!! So I did not pay much for them. They are red, so I am going to do the rest of the furniture in the room black. I told my father that I will have a Carolina Hurricanes colored room before he will. This fact made him laugh and he actually thought I was talking about painting the walls black. I just got back from the church. I got to finally go into my office and see everything I have. The church gave me a laptop. So now I have one for church and home. I also showed my mom around the youth area's of the church (the only places I have keys to). The youth have a couch room with a sectional and then stadium seating with another couch. Then there is the gym/worship space. I also got to see Wesley, the pastor, and he asked if I would not mind starting a day early so that I could do youth on Sunday night. I said sure, so here I go off into the wonderful, crazy world of Youth Ministry. Oh did I mention I have to preach my first sermon on Sunday night!!!

No comments: