Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rocky and more firsts


So I finally got my new dog! Rocky is the name given him by his old family. They could no longer afford to keep the little guy and advertised him on Craigs List. I was not all about him before I meet him, but now he is mine and I love him to death. Rocky is a good guard dog and very loving at the same time.
This Weekend I also got completely moved in. It was amazing. I got a nice maple wood table and chairs from the Walkers, both their sons are in youth. Then I got an oak entertainment center and large bookcase from another family the Bayers. They don't have kids anymore but happened to be remodeling a room in their house and wanted to get rid of some things. I can now I say I love being a minister. I am not ordained, but I am still getting some of the perks.
This Tuesday was really hard on me. I had to take my mom to the airport and say goodbye for a while. We went to Mimi's and ate lunch before the finally little leg of the trip to Houston. I could not believe that our two weeks together were over. I also am very surprised at myself. I did not cry when I said goodbye to her. I just headed out and went to work at the church.
While I am enjoying my job and the town I have to say I never thought I would have so many meetings. This week I have a meeting or Bible study that I have to be at every night from around 6-8/9. I am trying to make sure I have time for myself and still get all the work I need to have done before I go to meetings every night. I can say however that I am looking forward to my one meeting on Friday Night. I am starting to take the youth out 3 or 4 at a time and get to know them better. This week I am taking some Junior High students out. This excites me because I don't get to do Bible Study with them tonight. I have to go to the Senior High Bible Study so that they know I am there for them as well. However, the Senior High group has a teacher who is willing to stay on and the Junior High does not have an official Bible study leader. Needless to say I am needed to step into the Junior High Bible study leader role.
Ok so I am getting tired of writing and feel like making cookies for the Bible Study tonight. So I am off to make the cookies.

No comments: