Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Resoultuions and New Apartments

First off let me tell you I got this from my wonderful friend Sarah. I have not made a resolution in a few years. This year after reading Sarah's blog and hearing things on the radio (KSBJ my Christian Station) I decided it was time to take the plunge. My resolution is to focus more on myself and my happiness and worry less. I know this is like totally selfish but here goes my reasoning. Over the past few years I have not been putting enough effort into really looking after myself. My way of fixing this is 1) Move out of my apartment, 2) start seeing a counselor once I get my new benefits from my new job, 3) volunteer for an organization I care about, 4) focus on what makes me happy. I may not be able to do all these things, but my goal is to at least concurre three of them this year.

Lets start with Goal 1. I am moving again! Craziness, but it needed to happen. My roommate is getting married and I find that living here although nice, has reminded me of why I need to continue to move on. I signed a lease agreement yesterday on a new apartment. It is two bed, two bath apartment that is decent sized. Why two bedrooms? One is going to become my office/book space. I am starting training for a full time job on Monday. Yes, I am already working for the company, but they are now training me to be completely hired on full time instead of being a temp! I will be working from home, so I needed a space just to my work and, well as all people who have gone to Candler know, the alarming amount of books I have. This is also going to serve as a guest bedroom. I move in to my new place next Saturday, so I am completely thrill. As I see it Goal one shall be concurred as of next weekend!

Now if I can only start thinking about ways to get those other three parts of my New Years Resolution done.

No comments: