Tuesday, January 19, 2010

To Apply or Not to Apply

As most of you know I have been out of the ministry now for almost 6 months. In this time I have struggled to find a job, stay on my feet, keep living my life normally, and finally found a job. Now I am at a strange turning point. I am wanting to be back in ministry. I am still healing from the scars of this past year, but feel like God is telling me I need to go back into ministry. I am doing ministry in a couple different ways right now as a representative on the single adult board at my church, co-coordinating Third Thursday Westend Food Pantry, and just little things I am doing in everyday life.

However, In all of this I have felt so many things missing. I still desire to be a hospital chaplain, I desire to work with children, and I miss being in ministry all the time. I decided to check out a few things on the ACPE (association for clinical pastoral education) and saw that there are a lot of opening for next year. I talked to my pastor for a moment before church and he said to use him as my denominational reference since he will be the one licensing me for ministry. So the big question is: do I apply or not?

No comments: