Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good news all around

I am having a great week. Maybe the best since I lost my job in July.

On Monday I signed on to the TExES teaching test site to find that my score for my Language Arts and Reading Grades 4-8 was finally posted. I freaked out I got 256 out of 300 and only needed 240 to pass!!! I then called the A+ Teaching program, where I am getting my Alternative Certificate, and got my acceptance letter into the program. I am now 100 % eligible to teach middle and junior high language arts. I have now applied in two school districts for three open positions.

Tuesday I went on an interview for a part-time weekend position at Bath and Body Works. I was one of the only people there dressed like I was going to an interview. I gave great answers to the group interview questions and I felt good about getting the job. Within an hour of my interview I got a phone call from my old co-worker Tammy that the manager had called her and asked for a reference! OK so now for the best part. I got a phone call yesterday that I have gotten the job and start THIS Sunday! I know that means missing one Sunday of church, but they promised not to schedule me until after 2 pm from now on.

Last night I meet with Karl Broom from Chapelwood UMC in Houston, Yes there are two chapelwoods in the same conference. We have been working on my resume and finished last night. It looks great and sounds even better. So for now my prayer is that with all the hard work we did that I will get a full time position as a teacher, councilor, or at a non-profit.

No comments: