Monday, August 24, 2009

Test Anxiety

IT'S BACK!!!!!!!

I thought this part of my life was kind of sort of over. I have a major problem which is text anxiety. I have had it since I was little. Always get so geared up before, during, and sometimes even after tests. At Candler I got advice from my councilor that I should drink a glass of wine before every test I took. This cracked me up because I had a lot of 8am tests and exams. As I laughed at my councilor He told me it was ok to drink before noon. I took his advice and did better.

So now here I am finished with my MDiv, thought I was finished with standardised tests, and now I am back at it. Taking my TExES (Texas Teachers Exam) tomorrow for Social Studies grades 4-8. I have studied my butt off for the past month. So much so that I have been randomly stating facts about Texas, US History, and Economics in conversations. So you would think I would be totally ready and ok with this test. NO I have a horrible case of test anxiety and no wine to be found. So I am sitting in my new room, after trying to sleep for a hour, writing about testing and how much I hate it. All I can say is Lord help me get some sleep tonight and get through this test tomorrow.

No comments: