Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to the Beginning

This past week has been full of new beginnings for me. I did not pass my teachers test by 15 points. So back to studying I go. However, I am not too upset. I talked to many of my teacher friends and they told me they did not pass the first time they took the test. I cannot retake the Social Studies test until November, so I am studying for Language Arts.

I took a big step these past two weeks. I decided after talking to my friend Thomas to go to a Baptist church here in Texas. I was convinced that I would dislike it, but I love it. The pastor is an amazing, intellectual, and spiritual person. He used Anne Lamont two weeks ago and this week used John Wesley as sermon illustrations. How odd is this???? I also have been doing things with the singles group and love being around the people at Tallowood. After thinking and praying about things I decided to ask the pastor about women and ordination. He had been informed of my situation by my new friend Michelle, a fellow seminary graduate, single woman, and head of prayer ministries. He straight out told me I will be the first woman ever ordained at Tallowood and he is looking forward to my joining.

Thus I am back to the beginning. I started my ministry in the SBC in NC and now I am thinking about going Baptist again. My problem is I still support lgbtq people and I am not sure how the church will feel about this. I am meeting with the pastor later this week to talk about my feelings.

No comments: