Saturday, August 1, 2009

God is stronger than I am

For the past few weeks I have been holding some major pain, hurt, and scars in. These are things that I had thought I had given God, but I guess when everything started happening this month I picked them back up. Since I don't have a whole lot of friends down in Texas that are Christian that are around me enough to see what is going on with me I just kept being hurt and letting it get the best of me.


So last night I started talking to a person I met a couple months ago. Thomas has been a huge part of my life. We have a great time debating and talking about our faith. After many months of just talking online for some reason we decide to talk on the phone. As soon as we started talking things started coming out. He right away started asking me what was going on, why I seemed so guarded right now. He slowly started to get out of me the pain and hurt I have been feeling this month. As our conversation went on he pulled out his Bible and started reading me Scriptures about how God is my strength and I cannot be who God has called me to be without God's strength. We went through many different parts of the pain and hurt and prayed together that God would help me to submit and let God lead me and be my strength.


I was so amazed that everything had happened. I spent hours last night praying over giving into God and the plans that are laid out for me. Today I felt much lighter. I did not feel as much pain and hurt. I opened up my letters from my Walk to Emmaus and reminded myself how God really is my strength and my councilor. It was amazing to know I am not alone in all of this.

No comments: