Sunday, July 12, 2009

Will I ever

Tonight as I watched Army Wives I began to realize that I am going to miss ministry. As Sarah Elizabeth was dedicated I started remembering why I was called to the ministry in the first place. I was called to be someone, something good for others. Someone who would lead with love, beauty, integrity, and truth. With these attributes Sarah Elizabeth was dedicated. I began to wonder if I too could be dedicated to those things. If I could once again stand firm on my beliefs and find a way to fulfill my calling from God.

So Tonight I dedicate myself to be trying to be a better person. To be more truthful, loving, to have more integrity, to see all of God's creation as beautiful, and to hear God in all the sacredness of quiet times. This I will do whether or not I am practicing ministry.

No comments: