Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lost Job

This past Tuesday my head pastor came into my office on my request to talk about the college/high school worship service. As we talked I could tell he was very relieved that the Youth Programing Committee and I were taking action, but something seemed off. Wesley went on to tell me the SPRC and himself were looking at my job. They were 50/50 as to if they should keep me on or not. I was kind of surprised by this since I had just meet with the chair of SPRC and he said everything was going amazing. Wesley told me to start looking for another job. He said to make things easier on the youth and myself that we would make it look like I was moving on to better things. I asked why it was happening because I knew there had been a few issues, but bad enough not for this to happen. Wesley told me that the associate pastor and christian education person are asking the church to fire me. Also the church is $40,000 in debt for the year already. He did not want it to look bad on my ministry, so I needed to seek out other work.

The SPRC chair called me later in the week and said what Wesley told me was not true and they want me to stay on. The way I am seeing it is that the staff do not want me on. The SPRC wants me to stay. Most of the youth want me to stay. However, the big one is I don't think I want to stay. If I do I am afraid that I will not be given the chance to find a new job and will just be fired.

So I have started sending out application to hospitals in the Houston area. One has contacted my friend Annette, who is a chaplain at Duke, and said I will more than likely get on her staff for residency in August. Please pray for this situation and that I get a job or that things turn around at Chapelwood.

No comments: