Sunday, May 23, 2010

College Friend Weekend

This weekend I decided to head up to Asheville and spend time with some college friends. I got to stay with my best friend from college, Elizabeth. She has this adorable little house in Black Mountain.

We started out the weekend by having a girls night. We dressed up and went into Asheville and had dinner at Carrabba's. Then we went and delivered brownies to her boyfriend and the guys playing poker. We rented movies and watched TV. It was such a good night.

Saturday we put up a fence in her dogs enclosure, which I might add did not work. We got a phone call in the middle of our work from Jennifer. She was on her way to Mars Hill for her sister-in-laws ordination the next day. She wanted to meet us for lunch. So we all went out for lunch and I got to meet her new boyfriend Mike. Elizabeth and I then watched one of the movies we rented. We meet with Alicia and Ben and went to coffee around 8 pm. Then finished out night walking around Downtown Asheville with Brandon and Aaron, Elizabeth's boyfriend and his brother.

Today We went to church. Then had subway, a tradition going back to college. Finally we went back to her house and watched our other movie before I had to go home.

Conclusions from this weekend. I miss my friends, but loved spending time with them. I am enjoying being back in North Carolina and cannot tell you how much I love it here. Finally I am going to be good and eventually go back into ministry.

No comments: