Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wonderful World of Retail Part II

The demonstration is a big selling point at Bath and Body Works. Studies have shown that they more we give demonstrations the better our sales are. I did not totally believe this until about a week ago.

I have been working cash register since I start at Bath and Body Works about a month ago. Last Wednesday I was pulled off register and asked to work area 1 (the front of the store). That means I had to give demonstrations of our new "Twilight Woods" fragrance. If you have not smelled it yet, you should. It is kind of different. As I went about handing out coupons and giving demonstrations I became more aware of just how imports demonstrations are to stores and to Christians.

The more knowledge I showed about the Bath and Body Works products the more people bought. I brought our conversion rate from 40 to 75 % that night (conversion is the amount of people that enter the store compared to the amount of people that buy). So I started thinking if more Christians would just demonstrate Christ in their lives we would have a lot more Christians. People would be asking questions and getting the answers they needed if we all knew more about our faith. I am not talking about denominational crap, but real facts about what Jesus taught, Paul and the Apostles taught, and how God's grace is really strong enough for all (sorry about the grace reference I am still a little Methodist in my theology). If we all knew more than we could better demonstrate what a real Christian is supposed to be.

No comments: