Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Not Quite the Same


I have been living out what I have dubbed since moving to Texas as "The Dreaded Week." What that means is having my 27th Birthday and Thanksgiving without my family and Candler Friends. However, it is not turning out to be so bad. Last Friday night 25 of my new Events and Adventures friends took me out for dinner at Cafe Adobe (amazing Mexican). We sat around laughing, talking, and just having a good time. I had some drinks, great food, and wore a balloon teria. It was crazy. After dinner me and a few of my friends went out dancing. It was fun, but I am not a big fan of the club we went to.

Now I just have to make it through the next day without breaking down. Thanksgiving has always been a really big day for my family. We get up and have waffles as we watch the parades, cook all day long, watch football, and then have a late dinner. This year is going to be a little strange for me since it is my first away from my family and our routine. This year I still want to get up early and watch the parade and will make pancakes. I will go over to my best friend Xeania's house to enjoy a mid-day Mexican Thanksgiving meal. Then tomorrow night I will host a Thanksgiving dinner at the Hilton Post Oak in a dinning room over looking all the Christmas lights in the Galleria square. I am looking forward to this change, but missing my family something awful.

No comments: