Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another goodbye


So my mom called today at 7:30am to tell me that Bear (Barrette) had died. She was in the shower and saw him walk out of her bed room, then heard a loud thump, and my grandfather yelled for her. She raced to get cloths on and my brother even broke the rules and ran out of his room to get to Bear (Dave has H1N1). They checked for a heart beat and there was none. Bear is now at NC State veterinary school for an autopsy.


The strange thing about all of this is I have know something bad was coming. Over the past week I have just not felt myself. This weekend I started having dreams where Bear would come and talk to me. He wanted me back in NC. Now I know why I had this dream.


Bear was almost 10 years old. He was the second litter of pupps my family ever had. I remember holding him when he was a new born and talking to him about how he was our little Barrette. Over the year he became so loving and strong. Being only truly happy when everyone was home, which was not often since I was in college and seminary. He was truly a very very special dog.