Tuesday, June 9, 2009

graduation, partys, and U.M. A.R.M.Y. planning

Oh my how busy this time of year is. I think that I must always take a vacation in May since I will be going through crazy summers.

Last week I had graduation for my high school seniors. It was outside in around 85% heat at 7:30pm. I ended up hanging out with Tyler, one of my youths boyfriends. We were cheering and running from one side of the field to another to see people graduate. I left early so that I could get out of the parking lot. Let me just say my car was parked at a 65% angle and it was crazy. I was so afraid it would roll down the hill even after I put the parking break on.

Then there was the parties. I have been going to graduation parties since I got back from my graduation. I have had a blast at all of them, but I have to say the cake at the last one was too cute. They made a three tiered book cake and the bottom book said Party and Boys. The top two were better with History and Science. I laughed so hard. There was crazy dancing and music. I was welcomed to Texas country dancing and learned to two-step. It was so funny to be two-stepping with my youth. There was also Bich's birthday party this weekend. It was fun and the band was not too bad. I hated having to leave so early because of work on Sunday, but that is the life of a minister.

Now for U.M. A.R.M.Y. planning. I think I am going to go crazy. I have so much to do and so little time. I have been ordering, printing, emailing, and calling people all day long, even on my day off. I just hope that all this work makes this mission trip amazing for the youth involved.

No comments: