Monday, June 22, 2009

UM ARMY and First Love


This past week was amazing. We were up in a small east Texas twon called Wells. There are around 750 residents in the town and around 240 homes. This past week we worked on 20 of those homes!! It was amazing. Although I was not working on the sites because if programing and my allergic reaction to the sun, I am so proud of my youth. I got to know many of the non-active youth at Chapelwood aswell as some amazing adults. This week is one I will never forget.
The theme for UM ARMY was First Love. It focused on how God is really everyones first love in life. God gave us all love even before we asked for it becasue God loves us just that much. I was remineded many times of the Parable of the Good Sameritan. We were looking out into this community and helping those that many people had passed over in the past. The people we did work for were some of those who had given up on faith or were not included in many of the community events. It was amazing to hear the testamonies of the clients on cliant night. They really were in need of our help. I also found help this week. I have been having a hard time at Chapelwood and finding my place. I talked with this amazing pastor, who is on the BOM for Texas Conference. He was very supportive and gave me some amazing advice.

No comments: