Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lets go, lets go. L.E.T.S.G.O.

This week was VBS at chapelwood. We did the cokesubry curriculum of Camp Edge. It was a good camp other than the music being able to easily stay in your head for days. I am still breaking out in song. Ahhhhh. I had the kids that were going into first grade. I thought this would be great because I love young children around the ages of 5-7. However, I had three that had varying levels of mental handicaps, and three girls who would not stop crying and fussing. When did 6-7 year olds turn to become so spoiled and crazy.


The "Lets go" for my week did not stop there. This weekend was my first Faith In Action camp in Lake Jackson. Faith In Action is a cooperative of churches in the area that put on 4 mission/service camps a year. This was the second one, but I did not go to this first this year because of my Emmaus walk. So after VBS Friday I went home did a little bit of cleaning up, went to look at a new car, and then went to St. Timothy's Episcopal church for Faith In Action. We played games and got everyone ready for work the next day. Saturday I spent most of the day driving from work site to work site handing out ice pops, frozen grapes, frozen towels, and spraying youth and adults off with ice cold water. This was not fun for me because the guy riding around with me would not get out of my car and kept getting mad that I would take my keys with me when I got out of the car. He is this guy from my church who is 30 and autistic and has this huge crush on me. I used to think this was sweet, but it is kind of annoying after a while. Saturday night we had a fun night of more games, ice cream (that I cannot eat), and worship.


Today was church and Rock Climbing with my youth. I let myself sleep in and go to late service. However, I left late service within five mins. of getting there. A Worship service that was not supposed to be announced in church was and well things had not been changed or talked about yet. So here is the information and why I was mad about this. A college age guy at the church asked a few weeks ago if he could hold a worship service or Bible study for college age people. The staff at the church have been so excited about it. That is we were excited until last Monday. A church wide email went out from one of the members saying that it was for College age and High School students. This is bad because we have a Bible study at the same time and same day. Also since I got to Chapelwood a Youth Programing Committee (YPC) was put together to help the youth ministry at the church run better. Part of the committees job is to regulate what is taught to the youth and what type of theology. Also what is offered to the youth as a programs. The college age guy did not come to the YPC and did not even talk to the head pastor or myself about offering it to high school age youth. I went to the Pastor last week and asked him to talk to the college age guy about the service and get this fixed or at least get him to talk to the YPC about his plans before anything else was announced about the worship service. The pastor agreed to what I proposed to him, yet the service was announced just as it had been the past week without any discussion and talk to the YPC.

Luckly Rock Climbing was fun. I had a blast with the youth who went. One of my girls, Laurel, asked me to sponsor her on the Chrysilas walk in two weeks. I just hope I can help make this an amazing experiance for her.

No comments: