Sunday, April 19, 2009

Parent Visit

This weekend has been wonderful. I got the chance on Thursday night to go to the Radio Music Theater. It was amazing and funny. The show playing was called Grandpa has not moved in 5 days. The scene with the pastor was my favorite. The guy playing the pastor spoke so fast and crazy that you could not understand a word he said. I had to wonder if that is what my youth group hears sometime when I talk.

On Friday night a band (A Dying Bread) that has two of my youth in it played at Hot Topic in the mall. They are a Christian metal band. They were amazing. The music had such a great message and they even took time to talk about how they are Christian. It amazed me how many of the people listening to the band were high. They were just totally stoned, yet the band still made an impact. The raised $115 for a local girl who was in a bad skiing accident over spring break. After the concert they asked me to join them at Chili's for dinner. I had already eaten, but I went and hung out with them.

Saturday was my reunion with my Emmaus walk. It was so good to see those women again. When I got home my parents were waiting for me. They flew in from NC for the weekend. We went to my favorite restaurant The Local for lunch. Then headed to the apartment for an hour or two before heading to our first Astros game. It was Methodist night and my Bishop was sitting three rows in front of me. I was so excited. She is an amazing women. The Astros won 7-0.

Today my parents and I had a late Easter dinner. We had a good time talking and just hanging out. I took them to the beach after lunch. Tonight they came with me to youth group and we had a question and answer night. It was so funny. The youth were asking nice questions and I was trying to get them to ask some interesting ones. However, I think we all had a good time.

No comments: