Monday, March 2, 2009

Retreat, Lynn, and Life

I don't think this weekend could have been any nicer and yet it was very sad for me. I finally got to really do something spiritually for myself. I decided to go on the UMW retreat this past weekend and did not have to work at it. I loved just being with the other women singing, praying, talking, and playing games. The speaker was not very good, but everything else was wonderful. I had a roommate that liked to talk a lot (she keep me up till 3 am the first night). The last morning of the retreat my friend and co-worker Rhonda looked at me and said she did not think she had seen me look like this since I moved to Lake Jackson. I was completely relaxed and comfortable. I have not had a lot of chances to really breath since moving and well it felt good to know everything was in God's hands this weekend.

However, the weekend was also hard for me. Two years ago I decided to adopt a dog from a rescue group to be a friend for my dog Morgen. Lynn has been a light in my life ever since I laid my eyes on that sweet mutt dog. She was a dog that was brought from NOLA after Katrina. They had gotten her a home fast and had not realized she never got spade. Ha ha she came back with 8 puppies a year later. I adopted her before she could get put to sleep. We had almost two beautiful years together before I had to move to Texas, and she could not come because they thought she had cancer. On Thursday Lynn got sick. Really sick. They did some tests and one of her kidneys has failed and the other is failing. She also has multiple tumors (they think they are cancer). As the weekend went on she got sicker, and they don't think she has much longer. I feel like I have abandoned my child in her time of need.

Other than these things life is going well. I am working hard, and trying my best. I finally found a place for a Spring Camp for the Youth. I also am working on finding more time in my day for me. As for lent, I have given up fast food and having soda in my house. I cannot wait to see how this lent thing turns out this year.

No comments: