Tuesday, March 10, 2009

No longer my problem

As a youth minister I have figured out that I get blamed for things I have no control over. Hahah. This Sunday was the beginning of a new time in my youth ministry. I have been waiting for two months for the Youth Program Committee to come together and this past Sunday was the retreat to kick things off. Yes on a Sunday. I have no clue what anyone was thinking when they planed it. However, I feel I have a great group of people working with me now. The best part is I no longer have two hour meetings every Monday night!! OK so more about the retreat. We went to this beautiful B&B on the river. It was so beautiful. I am thinking about renting it out for the girls retreat this summer. The back porch lover looks the river and there is a beautiful gazebo and swing. The day before there was a wedding so there were still flowers and petals everywhere. The youth and I had a blast on the swing. the food was amazing and everyone seemed to enjoy the day. By the end of the retreat everyone had decided that I was not to take blame for things going on. So it is no longer my problem! I cannot wait to see how long that will last.



So after the retreat was over we drove back home around 3 pm. I got home around 4pm and had to be at the church at 5pm. I know crazy but they did not want me to cancel Youth for the night. I felt so tired and was glad that one of the moms suggested it be a movie night, since four of the youth and I had been at the retreat all day.

1 comment:

Pastor Kimberly said...

Rachel it is so good to hear that things are going well for you in Texas. Just remember we as ministers get blamed for things because well we are the face to the problem many times. good luck with the new program. Put up pics of your place.