Tuesday, April 13, 2010

How to Save a Life

So just for starter James and I broke up. I will not put all the horrible details on here but feel free to message me on facebook and I'll let you know. I count this number who knows what on my life saving campaign.




Ever since I was a small child my family has teased me about taking in lost animals, hurting people, and causes that need support. My mom calls this my "how to save a life campaign." I have always wanted to help people and I guess that explains part of my calling into ministry. As a young child I was friends with people who no one else wanted to be friends with. I would bring hurt frogs, birds, and well whatever I could find home with me to try and save. This to my parents became quite annoying. As I grew up I continued to do many of the same things. I was friends with people who did not have friends. Instead of bringing home animals I volunteered. I also added a new thing as a teen, dating guys who had problems. I guess I always though that in some way I could help them. I dated drug addicts, alcoholics, people with family issues, or just issues in general. This caused me to forgive many things people did to me. I gave so many chances and tried never to give up. In college I did the same thing. Became friends with people no one wanted to be friends with and dated guys who were totally wrong with me. In Seminary I started with the animals again. I brought home two dogs. Onyx now lives with a cousin of mine who I gave her to and Lynn who died last year. Since moving to Houston I have adopted my share of people who need help. Friends and acquaintances. I thought I was done with dating guys who were totally wrong with me. Haha I guess not. So now I ask how do I save a life without hurting myself in the process?

No comments: