Sunday, February 7, 2010

Proud of the Saints, but Peyton Manning is my MVP

As a person living in Houston, Texas, I have become friends with many people from New Orleans. I have watch Saints games, and been supportive of my friends. Tonight as a support for them I cheered on the Saints against the Colts. I just hope that the Win tonight brings about some good change on mind in New Orleans.

However, as proud of the Saints as I am Peyton Manning will always be my MVP. Why is this since I am a die hard Steelers fan and this year have been cheering for the Saints with my friends? About 7 years ago Peyton Manning befriended a young teenage girl with terminal brain cancer. This girl was sweet, loving, fun, and well one of the most amazing people everyone who ever meet her knew. Her name was Allison and she was/is my cousin. Allison and her family love the Colts, epically Paton! During her last year and a half alive Peyton agreed to meet Allison and he became a friend of hers. This never astonished me, since I knew what an inspirational person Allison was. He encouraged Allison to keep fight for the rest of her life. Allison died in September 2004. So to tonight Peyton Manning may not have been named MVP at the Superbowl, but he will always be MVP in my book for what he did for Allison.

No comments: