Sunday, February 14, 2010

Church Questioning and Answers

Over the past few weeks I have had a lot of questions come to me about my church choice. These came from me and from a few friends. Why am I Baptist? Can a woman be a minister? What about infant baptism as a Chaplain?

For a while I thought about these questions on my own and talk with my mom about my conclusions. First off I am Baptist because I like the church, the pastor, the mission, and the singles group. Second I had not seen a woman do anything in the church service so I had no clue if women were even allowed to do anything in the service. Third I need to ask my pastor about infant baptism and if it is not possible for me to do I probably need a new denomination.

Now today I had a few questions asked at church. I joined the choir last week and had to go to a different service today. Yes, I can be a woman and do things in service and even be a minister. Another answer can up to be yes as well. I can do infant baptism as a Baptist Hospital Chaplain. I have now come to the conclusion that I am in the right place for me. Maybe I will someday feel the need to change denominations, but for now I am happy as a Texas Baptist.

No comments: