Saturday, May 23, 2009

Prayer for Prayer

This week has been so crazy for me. I have been trying to recover from my vacation to visit my family, which needs a lot of recovery, and getting ready for Annual Conference starting tomorrow. I am going to conference as a district delegate. Since conference takes most of my work week this means I have been trying to get everything for this week and next week together. I know I am nuts!!

Now for the prayer part. If things could not get more hectic in my life time week I got a call Monday afternoon from my DS asking me to be one of the people in my district to say a prayer in front of everyone at a conference session or worship service. Me being who I am, and not knowing the word NO, said YES!!! I know Dr Wodleton asked me because he is trying to get me through my candidacy process faster and thinks the more I am seen the better it will be since I do have a few things on my file that are not flattering. Well I was told I would know by Wednesday/Thursday at the latest. Hahaha. I called Wednesday to find out what was going on and now I am having to wait until I get to conference to find out when I pray. This would be all good, but I am showing up a day late! Annual conference starts tomorrow afternoon with sign in and service of remembrance. During this time I will be leading youth group and driving to conference. I have decided to write a generic prayer, and add in when I find out what I am praying over. Please pray this works and pray that I will get a slot on Tuesday or Wednesday.

No comments: