Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Home again

So I had surgery on the 11th and thought everything was going just great. That is until 2am on Saturday when I woke up and my belly button incision had opened back up. I freaked out, changed my cloths, and ran into the hall of my house. My roommate Yair's girlfriend was sitting in his room and thought she had woken me up. She started asking my questions and all I could say was hospital now!! She would not let me drive myself and took me to Crawford-Long. I spent until 8:30 am there and did not see a doctor until 6 am and did not get pain killers until 6:45am. It made me so upset. My mom luckily was flying though Atlanta the next day and just got off the flight and came to take care of me. Yesterday I went to my PCP (primary care physician) and saw someone covering for her. He was a total jerk. He would not write a referral I needed to see a surgeon in Atlanta, so I am now home in Apex. I saw my surgeon today and her assured me that everything will be fine, but I am going to have to heal from the inside to the outside. I am mad that I am not able to be at school, but am totally enjoying being around my family.

No comments: