Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I am walking!

For a little over a year I have known that I was going to need an extra semester to graduate. I did graduate and well the decision of walking became a huge topic for me. I have friends who want me to walk and threatened me if I don't. My parents think I should walk because they have been waiting so long for this day. My grandmother and great uncle feel that I am fulfilling their mothers dream of having a minister in the family and want me to walk because they are afraid they will not be alive for my ordination.



Walking at graduation for me has been dependant on if I can take the time off work and if I can afford to go. As of last night I found a great deal on flights $64 one way to Atlanta from Houston. I have asked and been given a week off to go to my graduation and spend time with my family. I bought my tickets, a few graduation announcements for my family to send out, and am working on finding someone who will let me use their Candler Masters hood. I cannot afford one and the registrar at Candler said because I am not attending school right now I probably will not be able to use one of the schools. So needless to say I AM WALKING!!!

No comments: