Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Small Victory

I have been very quiet about the process I have been going through the past few months. I applied and was accepted into a weight loss study that is being done at Duke. I was so excited as I went through the process of meetings, blood draws, and finally group selection. Than the hammer came down. I was selected for the control group which has no help loosing weight other than conventional means for two years. I still get to do the study and in two years I get the weight loss intervention. As I went through acceptance of this I asked many questions of the nurse and found out that I could do weight watchers, jenny craige, or a number of other weight loss programs.

I finally decided on Weight Watchers. I have done it before with a little success, but they came out with a new program. I started this program last week and I am already down 2.4 lbs. My goal is 15lbs before the wedding. I have 60 days to go so I am in hopes this goal is acheviable.

What I ask is for anyone who reads this to keep me motivated. I know I can do this and I can become a healthier person.

No comments: