Thursday, April 28, 2011

Job Seach

Recently I was put on work restriction by my orthopedist. Since birth I have had issues with my right hip and well it started acting up again. Right now I am only allowed to stand or walk for short periods of time. So needless to say I had to quit my job at David's Bridal and try to find some type of office work. In the mist of searching for work I got called by a temp agency I have been with since November to do a job that would last through May. Well they hired too many temps and let 10 of 15 people go. I was one of the people let go after two weeks. So I have been back to looking for jobs.

So as I look for jobs I have noticed there are so many people who try to scam job seekers. Theses people are on line, in news papers, and feel like they are just everywhere. Not to mention the fact that people say the economy is picking up, while I look around a still there are no jobs to be found. I can apply to 7 jobs a day and amp up my resume as I think of things. Yet calls don't come in. I wonder things like do people look at the fact that I used to be a minister and not like it? Does having a masters keep me from getting jobs? What else can I do to my resume to help myself get a job? Am I over educated?

All I am asking for is to start over. I don't care if I make less than I did as a youth minister. I just need someone to give me a chance.

No comments: